Google
 

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

HOW TO COOK OMENA (SMALL FISH)


Ingredients:

500gms dry omena
2 Ripe Tomatoes
1 bunch dhania
1 Onion (medium)
1 Garlic (optional)
1 Glass of milk (or water)
1 Green chilli (optional)
1 Spoon cooking fat/oil

Method

After removing dirt from omena, wash in luke-warm water then boil for minimum 30 minutes or more. (Remember the more you boil the better as omena never gets spoilt no matter how long you boil!)

Cut onions into small pieces then fry until golden brown.
Add Garlic and fry slightly.
add Tomatoes followed by dhania
Drain all the water from boiled omena then add
cook for 2 minutes
Add Milk (or water if no milk)
Boil for 5 minutes
Ready!
Serve with Ugali

8 comments:

mwelu said...

Will try this out. I'm always buying omena and looking for different ways of making it. Thanks

Life, and all it's offerings. said...

Thanks for this. Been looking for a way I can cook omena differently. Will try it out today.

Unknown said...

My first omena experience :-)

Unknown said...

Thanx for sharing..I always take omena in hotels since i dont know how to make..wil try this

Unknown said...

Thanx for sharing..I always take omena in hotels since i dont know how to make..wil try this

jaykes said...

Hoping this will work... My brother is eating for the first time... And he is 28??!! I hope not to dissapoint the good food

John said...

Nice.I will try this.

Unknown said...

Trying now